Wednesday, February 16, 2011

gLee and Anthropologie

Once upon a time, I used to be obsessed with a little show called 'Ugly Betty.' Easily one of my top 3 favorite shows of all time. I became more and more addicted with the show when I noticed that many of the quirky outfits Betty wore were comprised of Anthro pieces, some of which I owned.

Now, while I found it odd that Betty could afford so many items of clothing, considering she lived at home and worked as an assistant in one of the most expensive cities, those were just minor details of course ;). I continued to support the show because it truly was a good show. Ugly Betty was very well written and I thought America Ferrera did an amazing job as Betty Suarez. She also looked great in some iconic Anthro pieces. Here are a couple of fabulous items worn by Miss Suarez during the run of the show from 2006 - 2010:

Ugly Chic: Tracy Reese Coat:


Ugly Chic: Sweater and Dress from Anthro (too far back to recall name):


The show was officially canceled last year so the days of Ugly Betty have now come and gone. Enter new obsession: Glee. I'll admit, I consider myself a Gleek. I've been humming Justin Bieber's 'Baby' pretty much all day after last night's episode. While I do like the show a lot, at the same time, the show can get so frustrating to me! Does anyone else feel that way? Here are my top three grievances:

a) Must Rachael Berry cry every time she sings?!
b) According to Finn, it's perfectly fine for Quinn to cheat on her boyfriend for him, but when Rachel barely cheated on him with Puck, he could no longer be with her. Can you say double-standard?
c) If Santana is such a beehotch, why is she still in the glee club

Fellow Gleeks, rebuttals and applause's are welcome! Okay, now onto the point I was trying to make when I started this post. I've been noticing more and more recently that Glee has now started to feature Anthro on some of their key players, particularly, Quinn. It appears to me that what was once considered Ugly Chic has now been upgraded to Fashion Gleek and I love it! Here a few items I noticed the past few episodes:

Fashion Gleek: Here's Quinn wearing the De Chelly dress, which I just purchased yesterday:



Fashion Gleek: Corey Lynn Calter's Color-Dipped Dress, which I did not buy because it made me look like I had bottom the size of Brazil:



Isn't she lovely :)!? Definitely the right style for Quinn and a great fit for the show. Bravo Glee! Now, if only you could do something about my grievances.

I'm sure there have been and are other great shows that feature pieces from Anthro that I'm not considering. If you can think of any, feel free to comment or share.

No comments:

Post a Comment